Thursday, January 27, 2011

BET's 2011 Celebration of Gospel

     Each year I really look forward to watching this event.  Gospel music, by far is my favorite.  No matter what you believe or who you believe in, gospel music has a way to reach right into the depth of your soul.  I LOVE it!  Here are the performers who will grace the stage with their presence:

Shirley Caesar   (The mother of gospel!)
Kim Burrell   (She does more runs than a sprinter in a race to the finish. Love her!)
Byron Cage
Beverly Crawford
Y'Anna Crawley
Keith David
El Debarge  (Yes, El Debarge!)
James Fortune & Fiya
Kirk Franklin
Rance Allen Group
Hill Harper  (No this isn't a type-o- Not only is he an actor and a relationship consultant but he sings too?  No, he doesn't... Hill will perform spoken word.)
Howard Hewett
Israel Houghton
Bishop T.D. Jakes
LeAndria Johnson  (She won Sunday's Best talent contest last year... She does a major sing OUT!)
Dr. Bobby Jones  (Of course he'll be there)
MaryMary  (It can't be just one Mary... lol)
Donnie McClurkin
VaShawn Mitchell
Smokie Norful  (And no this is not a recipe for preparing chicken... He is an amazing vocalist!)
Jessica Reedy
Kelly Price
Earnest Pugh
Jonathan Nelson & Purpose
Chaka Khan  (She will be there, hair and all)
Whitney Houston  (Can't wait to hear her sing. I pray that her voice is at it's best!)

Also, if you want to communicate with me during the show you can!  Follow me on twitter--- @D_Martez.  I'll be tweeting throughout the show.  You can ask me my thoughts about the show or we can simply comment back and forth about the show.  Don't forget, CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL, this Sunday, Jan. 30th on BET @ 7pm CST

D. Martez

No comments:

Post a Comment